Last night I asked Steve if he felt there was something he needs to work on, something he doesn't like about himself. He mentioned one thing but I remember him saying he didn't doubt himself. That really struck a chord because that's all I seem to be doing lately. It's like something inside me is off. I can't find peace.
The most reasonable explanation for my feeling this way is the fact that my family is going through a very tumultuous time. Everything in my life seems to be a sort of weird dream-like limbo. I guess feeling unable to control the chaos around me is leaving me to feel helpless, almost lost in a sense. But I guess this is all a giant lesson that I need to learn, to have serenity and peace among chaos and to understand that I cannot change the way people think or act. To accept that there is nothing wrong with me and that I do not need to validate myself. To love myself and believe in myself despite all things.
I just hope I can actually internalize this lesson.
P.S I need to start photographing more.
It felt so good to hold a camera again. I haven't felt that feeling in a while. I shot this of my friend Randa for my photo class. She's so beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment