Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Zebra-stripes, scarves, and Jackie O glasses! Oh My!

Okay, so this is my third post of the day and it's only 2:30. I am losing my mind. Grrr..I want it to be 4 already so I can leave and maybe do a bit of shoppin' at Mandee's. I saw a zebra striped sweater there a couple days ago and maybe (just maybe!) it might still be there. If it is, I will consider it a sign from the clothes gods that it is the sweater for me. I don't know what is it with me lately. I have grown fond of all things with animal print. I remember I used to find them so silly. I would scoff at my mother, who would hold up a tiger-print top and wink at me almost every time we went into a store. But now, things have changed. I LIKE tiger-print and zebra and whatever other animals prints exist. I like them all. My love for animal prints began one day while casually shopping around. Usually when I shop I just go find what I came in for and buy it. I don't really dawdle around. But that day, I decided to snoop around. Something tiger-y caught my eye. I turned around and saw it, hanging there, beckoning me. I couldn't help but glide towards it and hold it against myself. I thought, whoa, not bad, not bad at all. So...then I went right into the fitting room, tried it on, and then left the store as an animal-print top owning woman.

Yea, I guess it's not a big deal. But to me, animal-print (much like scarves and big Jackie O glasses) represent womanhood. So I was strangely happy that I had developed a taste for all things animal-y.

No comments: